Tuesday 29 November 2016

My Circle by Hussein Muchiri


MY CIRCLE

My Circle is Large.
It's that time again,
The sun rays hit strong,
Dim but determined to complete its duties,
It's evening once more,
The sun has now disappeared, yonder 
Quicker than it came,

Darkness calls in,
My heart races,
My eyes struggle,
My mouth is agape with awe,
My conscience is critically troubled,
I feel like darkness has gone,
To my world alone.

Slowly, I strut home,
I think of what is awaiting me,
Just a cold room,
Wordless clothes, and utensils,
A colder bed, for my warm skin,
I live in solace, my company is a promise.

My best  friend; the padlock,
For he alone, guards my all,
As cold as it is, am happy,
For if it had warmth, then,
I would rest assured, of having some!

Everyone who sees me alone,
Think  am a lonely soul in bone
But I know deeply, I ain't,
For this big  circle, though small to you,
Has taught me an elephant thing,
Best of the best being,
To appreciate all.

©️ Hussein Muchiri


No comments:

Post a Comment